Mint Coconut Patties ** Easy to make with the kids, takes about 15 mins to prepare, 1 hour to set in freezer then maybe another 10 to drizzle the chocolate, and clean up!
- 250g desiccated coconut (if you only have shredded or flakes, pop them in your blender until they are fine)
- 1 tin coconut cream (solids only)
- 4 ish Tablespoons Coconut oil (just use enough to get mixture to a good consistency)
- 3 teaspoons of Stevia/Xylitol/Sweetener of your choice (can easily be left out which I'll do next time, or add more if needed to suit your tastes)
- Pinch of salt (to enhance the natural sweet flavours)
- 20 drops of food safe peppermint essence.
- 1 block Lindt 90% chocolate
- Line a slice tray with baking paper.
- Mix the coconut, coconut cream solids, melted coconut oil, salt, sweetener and essence together in a large bowl (we used our hands for this!).
- Press into a slice tray and freeze until hard.
- Remove from freezer and slice into small bar sized pieces.
- Melt chocolate in a bowl and drizzle over the top of each peice.
- Set back in freezer until solid. (You totally can eat some before the chocolate has set!!)
A delicious take on one of my old favorites, the Mint Patty. These are best stored in the fridge or freezer, they did hold their shape at room temperature and didn't fall apart as I thought they might, but I certainly liked them best from the fridge. Stay RAD!