- 1 cup organic rolled oats
- 1 cup of your favorite gluten free flour/mix
- 1/2 cup rapadura sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar - we mill our own from this raw sugar
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 125 grams butter
- 1 tablespoon of golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons of boiling water
- 1 teaspoon of bicarb soda
- Prepare a greased baking tray and pre-heat oven to 150 degrees C.
- Combine the rolled oats, the sifted gluten free flour, sugars & dessicated coconut in a bowl.
- Heat the butter & golden syrup over a low heat until butter is melted.
- Mix boiling water and bicarb soda and add to the butter & golden syrup mix.
- Stir wet mix into the dry ingredients.
- Form mix into balls and place onto a greased baking tray.
- Press balls flat and bake in a slow oven for twenty minutes or until golden brown.
- Loosen biscuits whilst still warm.
- Allow to cool on a tray and then enjoy!
**Please note that not all people who are gluten-free are able to tolerate oats. Treat this on a case by case basis**